You know the way to write down beautiful stories and/or detailed instructions. You’ve many legends to share or topics to discuss. You’ve got written books that you will be proud to share with others. Now, it is time to publish your work. Self-publishing serves as one of the main options for people who want to succeed on the planet of writing.
In this article, you’ll know how one can use the Kindle platform in publishing your books.
1. Create an account – Sign up for an account at Amazon, so you can publish Kindle e-books. Visit the KDP Amazon sign up page.
2. Join a “publishing account” – Use your common Amazon account to get a publishing account. The system might ask you to provide more info primarily based on the data you entered previously. You must present bank details so that you can receive the royalties.
3. Set the title – As soon as your publishing account is ready, you can be forwarded to a webpage called “Kindle Dashboard”. That webpage allows you to upload your e-books and check gross sales reports. Hit “Add Title” to publish a book.
4. Specify the details of your book – It’s essential to give Amazon some detailed data concerning your book (e.g. authorship, pricing, title, etc.). Don’t worry if you haven’t any ISBN code. That is not necessary within the Kindle platform.
5. Assign the book’s categories and keywords – Amazon divides books into completely different categories. Choose one or classes that greatest describe your work. In addition, assign keywords to your book. Use keywords that potential readers would possibly enter to search out your product.
6. Choose a book cowl – Amazon would not require you to set a cover for your e-book. Nevertheless, a book with a canopy is mostly more engaging than one without. The Kindle platform has informationlines regarding the book covers which you could use. Read the informationlines completely earlier than designing the duvet of your work.
7. Upload your book – This is a simple process, due to Amazon’s intuitive interface. You will see check boxes on the screen, saying some things about DRM (e.g. digital rights management). It’s unlikely that you will lose money because of disabled DRM, thus, you could leave it disabled and just hit the “Browse for book” button. The Free Kindle Books platform accepts these formats:
8. Format and preview your work – You will not have to worry much about formatting in case your work has a fundamental structure (e.g. typical novels or how-to eBooks). The default formatting system of Amazon is sufficient to maintain the book’s structure. However, it’s best to evaluate your e-book rigorously if it has a complex structure (e.g. if it has plenty of images).
9. Choose a price – The Amazon system is tolerant when it comes to book prices. Set the value that is applicable to your work then choose both 35% or 70% royalty. Note that the 70% royalty option is not available for e-books priced $2.ninety nine or lower. Additionally, the 70% option is applicable to large markets only (e.g. U.K., U.S., Canada, etc.).